1. To render assistance to the Hudson Mohawk VFA at such times as needed or requested.
2. To promote a more friendly feeling among wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, and widows of members of the HMVFLA and welcome members of all member auxiliaries in the counties covered by this association.
3. To be a patroness of the Firemen's Home in Hudson, NY. To visit this home and donate towards its welfare as may be within our means at least once a year.
4. To assist in securing legislation beneficial for all volunteer firefighters by using our influence and political rights.
5. To learn about and promote fire prevention, that we may make our homes and community a safer place.
The Hudson Mohawk Volunteer Firefighters' Convention will be held on July 23, 2021. Registration will begin at 8:00 am with the opening session starting at 9:00 am. The convention will take place at the East Greenbush Fire Company, Park Station, located at 68 Phillips Road, East Greenbush. This will be a one day convention due to the pandemic. Lunch will be served immediately after the program.
The Fall Quarterly Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, October 21, 2021. Location TBD.
The year 2020 was a year like no other. All in person get togethers were somewhat or totally non-existent for many organizations. Hopefully, we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and we can "get back to business" soon. In the meantime, HMVFA has sent out our annual dues notices to all members. Please contact Financial Secretary Phyllis Dinkelacker at HMVFAfinsect@gmail.com if you have any questions regarding dues notices.
Please check out www.ColumbiaPage.com for all allowable events happening in Columbia County
new email address